Foodie Friday: Lighter Chicken Salad
Lighter Chicken Salad
- 12 oz Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup of Celery
- 1 Cup of Grapes, chopped in halves
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- Pepper to taste
- Place chicken tenderloins in a pot that’s just about large enough to fit them. Fill pot with your poaching liquid of choice. I just used water but a good veggie or chicken stock would be good too.
- Bring pot to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- While that is cooking, it’s time to prepare the everything else. In a bowl combine, the Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, mustard, tarragon, red pepper flake and pepper. Mix together well and set aside.
- Chop the celery stalks and grapes and add to the yogurt mixture.
- When the chicken is finished, use a knife and fork to shred the chicken into nice manageable pieces for eating. Let the chicken cool before adding to the yogurt sauce.
- When chicken is cool, add to the yogurt sauce. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or put it on your favorite bread/pita!