It’s Monday and all the blogs I read do motivation Monday. I don’t really do that because everyone else is doing it. Today, I needed a little motivation. I’ve been off track. I haven’t felt like myself and I know I haven’t been holding myself accountable. I’ve been stuck in a rut because I’ve been resting for the marathon and then I ran another marathon two weeks later. It’s really left me feeling weird because I’ve been in a constant taper. My working out was limited…and I felt the need to carbo load.
In New Orelans all I ate the entire time I was there was jamabalya. I was there for three days and at least 4 of my meals consisted of jamabayla, including this meal they tried to pass off as jambalya. FYI: It wasn’t!
Pancakes have kind of become my thing after a really long run. Don’t know why, but that’s what I want!
My point is: I’m off. I haven’t been working out like I want, haven’t been eating the way I want and I haven’t been doing the regular things the way I want. Life has been a flustercluck with surgeries and being out of town…and running.
Today I’m vowing to get back on track with a lot of things. I’m posting them here so you’ll hold me accountable.
1. I need to get ready for China! You know we’re running this marathon aka adventure race on The Great Wall of China in May and I don’t think we’re prepared. I’m further along because I’m always in a constant state of training. But this is going to be a big challenge. I haven’t done the research behind anything and I feel anxious about the whole experience.
2. I haven’t really been watching the news. I’m so out of touch with current events. I love NPR but it just hasn’t been apart of my life.
3. Meal prepping has gone out of the window and I feel it. It’s kind of been throwing something together really quick in the house or just eating out. I’ve done too much eating out. I haven’t been eating bad stuff when I’ve gone out but you know, it’s always healthier to eat at home. I haven’t been doing this.
4. Logging my workouts. About two weeks ago, I got too busy to log my workouts. I hate that because it keeps me on track and moving in a forward direction. I haven’t been too jazzed about hitting the gym lately but I know when I was logging things were different. I don’t so much log my food anymore, but I might even go back to that to move me in a positive direction.
5. Have some me time. I’ve been so busy taking care of myself and worrying about others that I haven’t done the same for myself. I’m hoping to get a hair cut soon. That would be nice.