I use to be really big on posting my monthly goals on the blog but somehow that got away from me. I need to have my long term and short term goals in writing as a reminder. I preached that writing your goals down was essential to success and I did the opposite. A lot of things have gotten away from me in the past few months and I want to get back to ground zero which leads me to my goals list.
1. I’d like to get back to where I started. This blog has been a labor of love and at times a huge labor of love. It started to do things for the blog instead of using the blog as a document of my life and the changes. I want to get back to the place where content came more naturally and I think I’ve been doing a great job of that lately. That being said, I want to be better about documenting life which even includes the mundane things that may not mean much to me but may be different for you. I’m much better with social media now than when I started so I need to translate that to the blog a little more.
2. I’m trying to drink more water. Sounds silly I know but I’ve been on a mission to consume much more water throughout the day. During the weight loss journey I chugged water like no one’s business and now I don’t drink enough. I’m making an effort to chug a little more often. I’m keeping a bottle of water on my desk, making sure I have a full bottle whenever I go out and about and definitely drinking during workouts. I’ll be sharing more with you about this later.
3. Spend more time being happy instead of worrying. I don’t worry as much as I use to but I still have my moments. I want to spend more time focusing on the happiness and surrounding myself with happiness everyday. Happy is what you make of it and I know it’s not achievable every moment of the day but for the the most part, I should be happy. I will spend more time enjoying happiness and the pursuit of happiness.
4. I really want to spend more time with the people who truly know me. It hasn’t been an easy time lately but I’ve weathered the storm with clarity. There are certain people that don’t live near me that I miss VERY much. They get me. They understand me. They love me.
I’m not saying that I haven’t made friends in this city because I have. Sometimes it’s a little lonely. I sometimes wonder if I’m not putting the effort to really have great friends around here. I know I’m not the easiest person to get to know because I’m guarded and skeptical.
5. I’m continuing The Marathon Quest. My feelings on this changed so much over the past few months, but in the end all roads lead back to the same place. It’s something I need to do for myself. I need to know that I can do it. I need to know that I can start the quest and see it through to it’s end, whatever that may be. I need to know that when times get tough, I won’t give up and I won’t give in…I will continue to push forward. Most importantly, I need to spend the time living life instead of watching it pass me by.
6. I’m going to spend more time working on my core strength. CORE seems to be the workout four letter bad word but I don’t want to be afraid of it. It’s not always easy and it’s not always fun, but it’s just something you have to do. It’s kind of how all us cardio lovers feel about strength training. It’s a necessary evil that I will have to work through. I think I’m doing a great job!
7. I want to spend more time volunteering. I use to do extensive work with Big Brothers and Sisters of America. I enjoyed doing it. I stopped doing it though for some personal reasons that I now know wasn’t my fault. I want to help everyone but not everyone can be helped. This year I’ve been doing a lot of work with Action for Healthy Kids and I look forward to doing more. This is a cause I really stand behind because kids are the future. The healthier the children of America are, the better our country will be in the future. I look forward to the possibilities and opportunities I will have working with this group. I’ll talk more on this later too.
I’m getting back to my goals. I’m writing them down and I’m going to do my best to achieve my goals one step at a time.
Have you been writing down your goals? Do you think it helps? What goals do you want to achieve?