- 4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar (I used the Splenda baking blend)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two round cake pans with baking spray. I used two circle cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
- I usually cut it up into small pieces and store in an AIR TIGHT container. This will mold very quickly!
Serving size: 2 pcs Calories: 76 Fat: 1.1 Saturated fat: 0.2 Carbohydrates: 13.8 Sugar: 4.9 Sodium: 82 Fiber: 0.6 Protein: 1.6
Recipe by We Beat Fat at http://webeatfat.com/2013/03/29/foodie-friday-low-fat-banana-bread/