I’ve been completely OBSESSED with eggs lately so I’ve been trying new ways to incorporate them in my diet, specifically my snacks. I’ve been craving cole slaw lately for some reason. I don’t post a lot of recipes on the blog because I’m not really cook. I make quick meals but I don’t spend a lot of time making stuff in the kitchen. It’s really practical stuff.
That’s why I’m sharing with you the broccoli slaw recipe I’ve been snacking on for a week. Quick and easy and good for you.
- 2 cups Dole broccoli slaw
- 2 oz diced ham (I used John Morrell & Co)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (I used Eggland's Best hard cooked peeled eggs)
- 4 tablespoons Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressing (I used Blue Cheese)
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese, optional
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix together. Make sure the dressing has coated everything.
- Put in the fridge covered for 30 minutes before serving. It's best served chilled.
It’s quick and easy. You can make a batch at the beginning of the week and make it last. I’m all about making meals that are quick because I don’t have a lot of time. Being short on time is not a good excuse for not eating healthier options and it’s definitely not something I let get in my way.
The good thing about this slaw salad is it’s loaded with protein so it will keep you feeling full and you’re getting your veggies. It’s a win/win situation.
Are you an in the kitchen cook or a quick meal person?